Trend: a general direction in which something is developing or changing.
Ever wonder what current “marketing trends” are going to become the future of marketing? Well, me too. So I did some research…
According to Forbes.com, there are “10 Top Trends Driving the Future of Marketing”.
1. The first trend is mobile marketing. Everyone is always on their smartphone or tablet, so of course targeting people via those devices makes sense. There are many things that marketers can do with mobile marketing, such as deals based on a user’s location, or mobile apps that allow the consumer to interact with the brand.
2. Customers want to interact more with brands. People like brands that are “genuine”. For example, brands that claim they’re socially responsible and are actually socially responsible. Honest companies with good values are hard to come by in today’s world, so people appreciate when a brand is truly authentic.
3. Good Content with always be a trend. People like to see visually appealing content on the Internet. Stop creating quality content, and you lose everyone’s attention.
4. User-generated content is becoming more popular. A lot of a brand’s marketing comes from the customers themselves. From product reviews to customers posting about the product/service on their social media pages and blogs, customers have the upper hand.
5. Social channels will grow increasingly more popular. Marketing will be dedicated more than now to social channels, as that’s where the customers are.
6. It’s all about the loyal customers and brand advocates. Brands are going to be more interested in what their customers are saying, and use it to their advantage. Brands will be listening to their customer’s thoughts and basing their marketing campaigns off of that.
7. Brands will start focusing on all generations. Since millennials aren’t the only generation there will ever be, brands will start shifting their focus to what the new generation might be like. Staying relevant is important.
8. Companies will create new ways to keep customers loyal. People get bored easily, so inventing new ways to keep customers engaged with the brand is important.
9. Marketing driven by data will become more personalized. No one likes being targeted to in an invasive way. Brands that gather data for marketing in such a way that is personalized will gain more customer loyalty versus brands that gather data in an intrusive manner.
10. There will be more accurate metrics. Instead of “likes”, “shares”, and “tweets”, there will be something more substantial to analyze a campaign’s success.